The project of a Regional Center for Dual Career (RC) has to find appropriate answers to two main subjects:
- What can be done to help talented athletes and elite athletes reconcile their sport life with education and irrespectively with the job demands, to ease their transition from sport to the labor market and make them further contribute to society development?
- What can be done to obtain the support for this objective from the national authorities, public bodies, education providers, sport organizations, business and last but not least by the athletes themselves?
The Most Important Objectives Of The Project Are:
- raising awareness about the concept of dual careers;
- proposal for special arrangements at European level;
- inspiration for national dual career guidelines;
- to sensitize stakeholders to create the right environment for dual careers of athletes, including an appropriate policy, legal and financial framework;
- support the development of a set of minimum quality requirements at European level in cooperation with stakeholders in this field, which could function as a reference point for national dual career services and facilities, providing transparency and guarantees on quality, safety and security for athletes, including athletes abroad.
Target Groups And Project Final Beneficiaries
talented and elite athletes:
more interested in sport and winning rather than building a smooth transition for the end of their sport career
sports clubs and associations:
lacking awareness, information, education regarding dual career
often asking for high level performance from their children and sometimes causing the dropout of young athletes
children and adolescents:
no awareness on side issues of practicing performance sports
trainers and coaches:
putting pressure for high results and disregarding the end-of-career issues
education & governing bodies:
to adopt special plans for talented and elite athletes and a coherent policy for encouraging young athletes to follow a dual career path